Monday 17 September 2012

Our weekend in pictures

This past weekend was truely fantastic! I had a fabulous date night with my husband AND we celebrated Derrick's 35th birthday! For our date night, we attended the wedding of a friend of mine. I just love weddings! There's something about seeing the love between two people, listening to the promise they share with each other and reminscing about your own wedding day. I've always found them very romantic so what better way to celebrate a date afternoon/night!

The next morning, while Derrick slept in for his birthday, Arabella and I went to work creating a masterpiece. Most of it got thrown out, but I did save a red handprint and added a yellow beak, feet and some googley eyes to make a mini card for Dadda from Arabella. Happy Bird-day Dadda!!!

One of the many reasons I love this man...such an incredible father! I just love how Arabella lights up around him.
In the afternoon, we headed out to the park for a bit where Arabella enjoyed blowing the seeds on every single dandelion she could find.
Then it was off for a hike. Unfortunately it was dinner time for the mosquitoes so our excursion was very short-lived. The one family photo I quickly snapped ended up having one extra person...errrr...insect in it. Notice the little black dot on Arabella's nose. Yep, definately a mosquito and she got bit before I had a chance to notice it. Poor lil munchkin!
 On our drive home she was full of beans. Here's a few or my favourites!
Instead of birthday cake, Derrick requested cupcakes. Usually I just use a boxed cake mix for my cupcakes, but when I went to bake them I realized that I had  forgotten to pick up a box of this from the store. The only solution was to make them from scratch! I went online in search of an easy recipe that would work with the ingredients I had at home. I ended up using a recipe for vanilla cupcakes from Glorious Treats. I then added my own spin on them by adding cream cheese icing, crumbled golden grahams cereal, chocolate chips that I zapped in the magic bullet and a drizzle of caramel. I called them Rocky Road cupcakes and they were divine!!!
And here is what Derrick and Arabella thought of them! She could barely wait to dip her finger right in and sample them. I made a miniature one for her but she was way more interested in testing out the other cupcakes on the plate.

If I have a chance, I plan on posting pictures of the wedding gift I made so check back soon. Right now, it's off to clean the house before Arabella wakes up. Wish me luck!



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a GREAT weekend!! You guys are just the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous family! Glad you had an excuse to dress up and celebrate :) Looks like Derrick had a fantastic start to another year.

    Can't wait to see more photos of the lovely couple after your trip!

    ReplyDelete