Thursday 16 August 2012

A little reminder

It's been a while since my last post but life has been extra hectic lately. This one will be quick. I just finished watching the movie New Year's Eve and a specific quote from the movie stood out to me. In reference to the ball being stuck half way up the drop, Hilary Swank's character quoted:

"It's suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the new year, to stop and reflect on the year that has gone by. To remember both our triumphs and our missteps, our promises made and broken. The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures or closed ourselves down for fear of getting hurt cause that's what new years is all about- getting another chance. A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more. And stop worrying about what if and start embracing what will be."
The last line of this quote really stood out for me, especially today...and I wanted to write this somewhere so that I could look back on it and be reminded...
"Stop worrying about what if and start embracing what will be"

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment