Thursday 5 April 2012

Spring has sprung on my picture wall!

My new spring pictures finally arrived for my seasonal picture wall! I had a hard time choosing which photos were going to adorn our dining room for this next season but I finally narrowed it down and ordered them from Scrapping Simply. If you have not heard of Scrapping Simply, I highly recommend you check out their website! I stumbled upon them in my search for a store that would print 12X12 size photos.  Not only do they print beautiful pictures with bright, vivid colours, but they do it for a fantastic price and only $5 shipping to Canada! Thanks Scrapping Simply!

Now for the big reveal:


As with the Winter wall, I designed two different pictures. The first was the letter "S" for Spring! This one took me a lot longer because I had to scroll through a gazillion fonts before I found something I liked for the letter "S." I finally decided on the font Earwig Factory, another favourite of mine from Kevin and Amanda. I spent a little extra time tweaking it by adding a wood grain pattern to the back. 

And now for my Spring words! My husband and I sat down back in January and brainstormed a few of the things we loved about Spring. I made a little collage of them and then added a tulip at the side for this season. I love how the leaves on the tulip turned out! This was completley by fluke as I was playing with a few of the blending options in Photoshop and just happened to come up with this. LOVE!

Now all I need is to get my butt in gear and start on my next home DIY project....an upcycled chandelier for the dining room! I love my red pendant lights but they are just not conducive with scrapbooking because they don't give off nearly enough light. Stay tuned and thanks for stopping in! 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. It looks great!!! You are so talented Heather! I'm intrigued about the chandelier - can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, Heather! The petals on your tulips look like they're made of tissue paper :)

    I love the new button!If you're ever bored, feel free to tinker with one for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I was hoping to get the chandelier mostly done this weekend but I don't think that's going to happen now. When I have a spare moment Claire, I can make you a button! The new one was originally supposed to go on my pictures but when it was small you couldn't read it. So now it has become a new button!

    ReplyDelete